The City of Mart City Secretary performs many duties vital to the daily operations of City Hall. Listed below you will find many of the duties performed.
• Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
• Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
• Perform general office duties, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
• Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
• Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
• Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
• Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
• Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
• Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
• Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
• Serve as a notary of the public.
• Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city policies.
• Issue various permits and licenses and collect appropriate fees.
• Prepare reports on civic needs.